Ingredients (4 servings)
– a piece of broccoli cut in florets
– 2-3 red bell peppers deseeded and cut in strips
– 1 large carrot peeled and cut in match sticks
– 1 white onion finely chopped
– 1 bunch of green onion
– 1 dried chilli or cayenne pepper
– 1 tablespoon starch
– 1 teaspoon ginger
– juice from half a lemon
– 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Heat wok, add oil when hot, add the white onion and ginger and stir-fry for one minute.
Add the carrot and the peppers, the broccoli florets and the cayenne pepper; stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
Then we mix the 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in water with soy sauce, pepper and lemon juice.
Pour the sauce over the vegetables stirring well to distribute. Transfer to a serving dish.